- This event has passed.
RBC Mentoring Opportunity for Skilled Immigrants
October 6 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm PDTFree
Are you a newcomer with Permanent Residence status? If you have a background in client services, personal/commercial banking or account management look no further. IEC-BC will be hosting in collaboration with our partners Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) our third mentoring cohort on Wednesday October 6th. This is a great opportunity to meet and work with a local banking professional for one on one occupation specific mentorship through the Immigrant Employment Council’s MentorConnect program.
Kindly refer to the eligibility criteria below to ensure that you meet the program’s basic requirements. Should you meet requirements and are interested in working with a local professional to further your understanding of the BC labour market, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, September 29, 2021 and one of our team members would be happy to guide you through next steps.
Mentee Eligibility Criteria:
- Possess Permanent Residency (PR) status or have been accepted as a protected person (Refugee) in Canada
- Arrived in Canada within the past five years
- Be unemployed or underemployed (work under 20 hours a week)
- Possess high-intermediate to advanced English skills (CLB level 7, LINC 8 or IELTS 6 overall score)
- Have a job ready resume, clear goals and personal introduction
- Commit to the program content and is responsive to follow-up program administration inquires