Career Paths Information Session for International Medical Graduates
June 15 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm PDTFree
At this information session, you will learn about how the Career Paths Health program can support you in your goal of pursuing medical residency or PRA-BC.
We will describe the program services offered and eligibility criteria for the program, and explain how you can apply.
The Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants program at Douglas College is a government funded program for newcomer permanent residents in BC. This program is free for eligible applicants and can help you overcome the barriers to getting back into working in healthcare.
The Career Paths services include:
- Reimbursements for some of the costs related to the registration process, including tuition and exam fees
- Personalized career coaching and action planning
- Job search support and labour market information
- Workshops to help you prepare for language proficiency and licensing assessments
During this session, we will cover topics like:
- Overview of CaRMS and PRA-BC
- Preparing for Medical Examinations such as MCC-QE1 and NAC-OSCE
- Language proficiency requirements
- Alternative career and volunteer opportunties
- Financial support and resources
For program information, please visit douglascollege.ca/careerpaths