Event: How to Support Refugees and Refugee Claimants Who are Facing Domestic Violence?
Speaker: Rosa Elena Arteaga - Manager, Direct Services and Clinical Practice, Battered Women's Support Services (BWSS)
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence in Refugee Communities
- Key Issues and Challenges
- How to Support Individuals Facing Domestic Violence
- Supports and Resources for Refugees and Refugee Claimants Experiencing Domestic Violence
|Organization Name:||The BC Refugee Hub|
|Start Date:||2019-02-11 13:00|
|End Date:||2019-02-11 14:15|
As of June 2018, there are 25.4 million refugees around the world according to United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) statistic. Over half of the refugees are under the age of 18 and 57% of the world refugees came from following three countries: Syria, Afghanistan and South Sudan.
Images of CANN services provided to new immigrants, including government-assisted and privately-sponsored refugees, at Vancouver International Airport.
Please give us your feedback
Your opinion is very important to us. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to evaluate the service we provide.