Event: Skills and Supports for Job Success | Info Session
If you or someone you know is struggling to find work, Skills and Supports for Job Success is a program developed to help with finding immediate employment. You may be a newcomer to Canada or from another province, be dealing with a long unemployment gap or just wanting to get back to work – but don’t know where to begin.
Our program starts January 14, 2019. Contact us to learn more about the program!
This free Employment Program offers:
• 5 weeks of employment workshops – learn effective job search strategies (e.g. targeted resumes, cover letters, interviews, contacting employers, and more!)
• Work experience and connections with employers
• Free short-term certificates and training (e.g. First Aid, Food Safe, ForkLift, Serving It Right, SuperHost, WHMIS etc.)
• Bus ticket and work clothing supports
• 12 weeks follow-up and ongoing support after program completion
The Job Success program is open to those who are:
• Under-employed (working less than 20 hours/ week) and looking for full-time employment
• 18 years of age or older
• Able to commit to full-time workshops for 5 weeks
• Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, or Protected Persons legally entitled to work in Canada
• Motivated and ready to find immediate employment
|Organization Name:||Immigration Services Society of BC|
|Start Date:||2019-12-14 09:30|
|End Date:||2019-02-15 15:03|
|Website:||#622 - 333 Terminal Avenue|
#622 - 333 Terminal Avenue
As of June 2018, there are 25.4 million refugees around the world according to United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) statistic. Over half of the refugees are under the age of 18 and 57% of the world refugees came from following three countries: Syria, Afghanistan and South Sudan.
Images of CANN services provided to new immigrants, including government-assisted and privately-sponsored refugees, at Vancouver International Airport.
Please give us your feedback
Your opinion is very important to us. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to evaluate the service we provide.